Adding a Chooser to the SFX Dashboard
"I have had abundant problems with this widget, but after painstaking repetition, I have developed a solution. Please follow the below steps EXACTLY to ensure you get the same results!
- Make a new Tab in the SFX - Dunno why, but just safer to start fresh
- Click the "+" (bottom left corner) or "add" tab, and drag in the Options array from your SendableChooser (select "incomming" > "SmartDashBoard" > "Autonomous modes" > "options")
- Double-click the SendableChooser to edit the widget, and copy the Path EXCEPT for the "/options" part. This should look something like "SmartDashboard/Autonomous modes/options". ONLY COPY the "SmartDashboard/Autonomous modes"
- Add another widget, ComboBox (via "Toolbox - General" > "ComboBox")
- Edit the ComboBox widget and paste the path.
- Should be good to go! Make sure to press the "Play"/Green arrow to interact with the chooser"
Adding Cameras to the SFX Dashboard
NOTE: THIS APPROACH TO BE CONFIRMED WITH A MS HD3000 CAMERA:
It looks like you drag a camera icon from the left and nothing happens right? Well, now click on the "+" again
and you should see "Incoming" > "Camera Publisher" ... you can now drag the "USB Camera 0" across to the right
drop and select "Array" then resize to fit :)
Running the SFX Dashboard Automatically when the Driver Station Starts
- Shutdown driver station
- Replace the DashboardCmdLine line in the "C:\Users\Public\Documents\FRC\FRC DS Data Storage.ini" file with ...
DashboardCmdLine = "java -jar C:\\Users\\Robocamp\\wpilib\\tools\\sfx.jar C:\\JazzHub\\icrobotics\\frc\\software\\cpp\\Chunky.Wantirna.SmartDashboard\\Chunky.Wantirna.fxsdash"
- Start Driver Station
- Select the default dashboard
NOTE: MAKE BACKUP COPIES AND KEEP YOUR *.fxsdash FILES UNDER SOURCE CONTROL SO THAT YOU CAN RECOVER WHEN THE SFX DECIDEDS TO CORRUPT YOUR FILE AND DELETE ALL OF THE WIDGETS - NOT SURE WHY THIS HAPPENS BUT IT HAPPENS.
NOTE: IF YOU EVER FIND YOURSELF PRESENTED WITH A BLANK SCREEN WHEN YOU WERE EXPECTING TO HAVE LOADED A SAVED DASHBOARD THEN CHECK THE CONTENTS OF THE *.fxsdash FILE, LESS THAN YOU WERE EXPECTING? SEE PREVIOUS COMMENT :) THEN RECOVER A BACKUP OR CHECKED IN VERSION!